Looking for a top-quality turf that will make your lawn the envy of the neighborhood? We have the answer.
Palmetto Buffalo Grass is the world’s #1 selling buffalo grass, and it’s no wonder! Its tough but soft leaf is perfect for home lawns and commercial areas throughout South-East Queensland. Plus, it has excellent winter color to keep your property looking great all year round!
But that’s not all that makes Palmetto the best choice for your lawn. This turf also out-competes weeds once it is established, so you can put down those dreaded weed killers for good! And because it grows slower than other turf varieties, you’ll spend less time mowing and doing maintenance – meaning you’ll have more time for the things that matter.
- Gorgeous manicured appearance and dark color for a luxurious lawn
- Easy maintenance and excellent recovery, so it stays beautiful with minimal effort
- Dense growth that makes it resistant to weed invasions
- Palmetto® is the biggest selling Buffalo in the world.
- Palmetto® out performed ‘Sir Walter’ in trials for maintaining colour, hardiness and growth speeds.
- As Palmetto® grows slower than other Buffalo varieties, therefore less mowing, less maintenance.
- Palmetto® faired the best for drought tolerance against all other Buffalo varieties trialled.
- Palmetto® winter colour faired ≈ 40% better than Sir Walter and 140% better than Shademaster.
- Palmetto® meets the Erosion Control Australian Standard No# AS5181: 2017 – Use and installation of turf as an erosion, nutrient and sediment control measure.
Establish mid- Spring to mid- spring. Dormant in low temperatures in winter.
Requires regular mowing to maintain good colour but lower than other Buffalos due to low seed head production (about 3 times per month).
- MAXIMUM UNMOWN HEIGHT
Medium to high
- RECOMMENDED MOWING HEIGHT
20-50mm full sun. 50-70mm in shade.
- WATER REQUIREMENTS
Required for establishment: 1-14 days (4mm twice a day), 15-28 days (7.5mm once a day), 29-35 days (7.5mm every 2nd day). Then twice weekly to maintain good colour.
Every 3 months or as required.
- DROUGHT TOLERANCE
- SALT RESISTANCE
High (higher tolerance than Buffalo and Couch)
- DISEASE RESISTANCE
High: Avoid watering late afternoon or in the evening to limit leaf spot diseases
- SEED HEAD
Has low seed head production in ideal growing conditions
- COLD TOLERANCE
Tolerates to -7
- HUMIDITY TOLERANCE
High: Rust may appear in humidity if nutritionally deficient, cosmetic only, but can cause damage to leaf structure if untreated. More prone when establishing, and less likely once established.
- SALT TOLERANCE
- WEED RESISTANCE
High: Due to its dense growth makes it harder for weeds to invade
- WEAR AND TEAR RECOVERY
Fast due to quick growing stolons producing lateral growth.
- SHADE TOLERANCE
Requires 2-4 hrs of sun per day. Grows in full-sun to 60% shade. Handles 45%-50% shade under moderate wear
- PEST RESISTANCE
Order Palmetto Premium Turf
enter your quantity, min is 50m2
SUBTOTAL: 675.00 AUD