Looking for a gorgeous lawn without all the maintenance? We have the answer.
Empire Zoysia Grass is often called the “easy grass,” and it lives up to its name! Its fine, soft leaf is the perfect all-purpose, low-maintenance turf for anywhere in South-East Queensland. In fact, this great-looking turf requires almost NO maintenance once established!
This grass can survive on natural rainfall, thrives in extreme heat and humidity, and requires only 2-4 mows per year. Does it get any easier? Actually, yes! Empire is also resistant to pests and disease and recovers quickly from wear. It does well with minimal attention and looks lush and green year-round when well-maintained, making it perfect for a wide range of domestic and commercial purposes.
- Low-maintenance grass that adapts to the amount of time you want to spend on it
- Deep root system strengthens soil by 48%, making it perfect for erosion control on roadsides, embankments, and more
- Resistant to pests, disease, and weed invasion
- Empire® Zoysia’s nickname is EZ grass and is commonly referred to as the “easy grass”.
- Empire® has been proven to significantly strengthen soil by 48%, improving erosion control of roadsides, steep embankments, batters, stream embankment, retaining walls and foreshores compared to Couch (3.2%) and Kikuyu (9.7%)
- Empire® is one of the most popular Zoysia grasses in Australia due to its low maintenance.
- Empire® has improved pest and disease resistance and tolerates low to moderate salinity.
- Empire® has excellent fast initial growth across the ground compared to other Zoysias. Its runners are highly branching, which provides excellent recovery from wear.
- Quickly becoming known as the tough, hardwearing turf, Empire® can survive on natural rainfall and if left to its own devices, saves on long-term mowing, pesticides, de-thatchingn and fertilisers.
- Can endure long periods of non-attention, but when well maintained Empire® Zoysia looks lush and maintains colour year-round, so is suited to a large range of commercial purposes.
- Empire® meets the Erosion Control Australian Standard No# AS5181: 2017 – Use and installation of turf as an erosion, nutrient and sediment control measure.
All-purpose turf: Domestic, roadwork’s and projects that require LOW long-term maintenance.
Establish spring to autumn. Slow growing in winter.
About 2-4 mows per year for civil/projects to maintain a dense sward and for erosion control for drainage works.
- MAXIMUM UNMOWN HEIGHT
Low (far less than Couch and Kikuyu).
- RECOMMENDED MOWING HEIGHT
- WATER REQUIREMENTS
Required for establishment, then can exist on rainfall due to deep root system (far less than Couch and Kikuyu).
Vibrant in summer and, although dormant in winter, it maintains colour well.
Recommended 1 a year (far less than Couch and Kikuyu).
- DROUGHT TOLERANCE
- SALT TOLERANCE
High (higher tolerance than Buffalo and Couch).
- WEED RESISTANCE
Out competes weeds due to its dense sward when maintained.
- WEAR AND TEAR RECOVERY
High (based on silica content).
- SEED HEAD
In early spring, EZ grass produces a non-fertile purple seed head. At other times this is an indication of stress, poor soil, polluted water etc…
- COLD TOLERANCE
Tolerates to -12oC. Following frost, regenerates well after first mow.
- HUMIDITY TOLERANCE
High: Rust may appear in humidity if nutritionally deficient, cosmetic only, but can cause damage to leaf structure if untreated. More prone when establishing, and less likely once established.
- SHADE TOLERANCE
Med 40%-50% shade tolerance (higher tolerance than Couch and Kikuyu).
- PEST RESISTANCE
Less susceptible to lawn grubs and other pests.
Low (no need for vertimowing when less maintenance is required).
- DISEASE RESISTANCE
– Roadwork’s across Australia for erosion control.
– Windy coastal areas due to tolerance of higher salt levels.
– High density domestic housing developments.
– Shopping centres and large landscaping projects.
Order Empire Zoysia Grass
enter your quantity, min is 50m2
SUBTOTAL: 675.00 AUD