Looking for a manicured lawn for a high-profile sporting venue? We have the answer.
Stadium Couch Turf is a next-generation hybrid couch created specifically for sporting venues, and it delivers! Its dark green coloring and naturally manicured appearance make it an excellent choice for televised and live sports. Plus, it has a deep root system and aggressive recovery, so it stands up to even the most extreme events!
Even when conditions aren’t perfect, this grass was created to look good. The natural dark green color stays put in high and low temperatures and poor quality soils. It’s also resistant to most pests and tolerant of herbicides, so you’ll have no trouble with maintenance. If it does start to look drab, a little fertilizer will have it green and gorgeous again in no time.
- Created to thrive in high-traffic, hard wear areas, such as professional sports stadiums, coastal park plantings, and other retail or commercial developments.
- Dark green manicured appearance, even when conditions aren’t ideal.
- New and improved hybrid species with quick recovery.
- Stadium® is an improved hybrid Couch significantly part of the next generation of breeding.
- Stadium® Couch has a naturally dark green colour, much darker than other Couch types, which delivers a more visual appeal.
- Stadium® Couch is great for warmer climates, even hot and humid areas, with no major thatch issues.
- Stadium® Couch has very little seed head production which minimises mowing requirements.
- Stadium® Couch has a manicured appearance – excellent for televised and live sports viewing.
- Stadium® Couch has fast and aggressive runner growth and a very good dense stolon base for quick recovery from damage and wear.
- Stadium® Couch has lower maintenance due to slower leaf growth and minimal seed head production.
- Stadium® Couch rhizomes are deep enough to be away from the sportswear zone.
- Stadium® Couch responds well to over sowing with Rye Grass in cooler climates due to its moderate thatch level.
Bred exclusively to suit high or very high traffic and heavy wearing sporting venues.
Stadium® Couch establishes quickly with minimal water and fertiliser but is best installed when weather is not too cool.
The grass scalps less than other Couch types, which allows for a reduction in mowing schedules.
- RECOMMENDED MOWING HEIGHT
Hot months: Every 7-10 days (depending on how manicured you want your lawn to look). Cold Months: Every 3-6 weeks. Mowing height will vary from 1–3cm.
- WATER REQUIREMENTS
Water thoroughly and regularly after the turf has been laid to encourage a deep and vigorous root system. Post establishment water thoroughly only when needed (when a slight wilting is visible), usually once every 7-10 days in summer (on sandy soils more often), with much less or no water in cooler months.
Retains dark green natural colour in poorer quality soils or where nutrition is low
- SEED HEAD
Very little seed head production.
Once or twice a year. But is highly responsive to fertiliser which means a quick green-up when applied.
- COLD TOLERANCE
- DROUGHT TOLERANCE
- HUMIDITY TOLERANCE
- SALT RESISTANCE
Low – medium
- SHADE TOLERANCE
Low to moderate
- WEED RESISTANCE
Stadium® Couch is more tolerant to a wider spectrum of herbicides compared to Buffalo varieties.
- PEST RESISTANCE
Resistant to most pests and diseases but watch Lawn Grub (e.g. Web Worm or Army Worm) and African Black Beetle – apply suitable pesticides according to directions.
- WEAR AND TEAR RECOVERY
Low to moderate, unlike highly thatched prone Couch varieties.
- DISEASE RESISTANCE
– Council parks, ovals and sporting venues
– Professional sports stadiums
– Coastal park plantings
– Retail and commercial developments
Order Stadium Couch Turf
enter your quantity, min is 50m2
SUBTOTAL: 375.00 AUD